Supervisor, Programs and Support Services
Reports To: Director, Health Services
The role of the Supervisor, Programs and Support Services is integral to the agency’s quality assurance and service enhancement objectives by providing direct and on-going supervision to frontline staff (senior’s care and support services, dietary services and recreation staff). This position plays a key role in coordinating a high degree of collaboration between the agency’s frontline and service delivery staff through its multidisciplinary team model of care.
• Lead and document department meetings with the senior’s care and support services staff, dietary services staff and recreation staff.
• In collaboration with the Director, Healthcare services, establish performance parameters
• Reinforce organizational and legislation standards at the staff level to support a healthy and safe working and living environment
• Assign and monitor frontline and support services work on a daily basis
• Ensure that staff are provided training as needed on specific agency and contractual protocols
• Oversee proper case notes within the Pirouette
• Provide supervision and feedback regarding client interactions and engagement
• Participate in the on-call rotation
• Create an inspiring team and client environment
• Participate in the planning and implementation of day and evening resident group programs
• Identify and meet the support needs of direct and support services staff
• Provide direction and support in the implementation of new policies and/or procedures
• Identify and address staffing gaps and needs, and participate in the hiring and training of all new staff within the defined portfolio
• Provide support, mentorship, and interventions to staff as required
• Incident investigation in collaboration with the Director, Healthcare services
• Schedule and lead regular team meetings
• Complete annual performance appraisals and quarterly supervision meetings as required
• Routinely conduct quality assurance activities through survey’s (meal, care and program satisfaction survey’s), reviews, meetings, reports, observations, according to professional practice standards and regulatory compliance.
• Oversee the ordering of food and reconciliation of all food orders
• Participate in regular inspections of the kitchen to ensure they align with the ministry of health guidelines.
• Identify unmet staffing or operational needs and recommend revisions to the departments approach to work as program needs change.
• Provide direction and staffing coordination for resident care, programs and dietary services according to the agency’s scope of the practice in collaboration with service delivery staff
• Coordinating resident program satisfaction survey’s for quality assurance
• Ensure all client documentation and policies are up to date, accurate, and being implemented
• Execute crisis intervention as needed according to agency policies and procedures
• Oversee the implementation of procedures, goals and objectives within the department
• Provide accurate reporting on quantitative and qualitative department outcomes and impacts
• Collaborate with Human Resources to oversee the interview, hiring and training of new employees as required
• Backup for scheduling and Dayforce
Other duties, as assigned.
• Post-secondary degree or diploma from a recognized institution or equivalent combination of education and experience in kitchen/hospitality management, recreation and/or case management
• Food Handlers certificate or willingness to obtain within 30 days of employment.
• Familiarity about the Canada’s food guide and basic understanding of Food and Nutrition
• Valid First Aid/ CPR or ability to acquire within a specified time period
• Knowledge or experience in addressing the needs of vulnerable populations including the aged population, men living with mental illness or addictions, and/or conflict with the law.
• Knowledge or experience of the Correctional Services policies and procedures (Asset)
• General understanding or experience in leisure and recreation programming
• Sound knowledge of social services and community programs
• Knowledge and familiarity with group development
• Sound leadership, staff management, and teambuilding skills
• Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
• Politically and culturally sensitive with a commitment to anti-racism and diversity
• Excellent customer services skills
• Experience supervising within a unionized environment
• Knowledge of HR best practices
• Clear Vulnerable Sector Screening report
If interested in this position, please apply to email@example.com.
Application deadline is April 9, 2021.